Today marks 7 weeks in the MTC and out in the field. And to think that in only
two weeks in will be out in th field getting lost in spanish haha. This last
week has been one to remember forever. So thank goodness for journals!
Friday was awesome because we got new teachers. I love my old ones and see them
all the time, but i always love to see the new perspective on how to teach the
people. And when you combine all of them, you can become the best missionary
ever! Elder Quispe and I have become pretty close, mostly becasuse i can speak
with him! He is from bolivia, 20 and is pretty wise about the gospel. He was
brought up in the church and loves to teach. We had our first lesson today, he
was a little shaky but was able to teach the most of it. Amazingly i teach
practically the whole lesson! I was suprised at how much spanish i have learned
here in 3 weeks. When the new elders showed up, and couldnt speak a word, it
reminded me of my first week. But now i can freely talk to all the elders,
american or latin! I LOVE TO SPEAK SPANISH NOW!!!
Saturday was a great day of proselyting. We had almost no success but i did have
two great experiences. The first came when we were trying to contact a family
and couldnt seem to find them. Then a woman came running up to us, telling us
that we had to come with here and bless her dad who was in the Hospital. We
accepted and made our way to the hospital. There we waited to enter into the ICU
to bless him. Another woman was there and asked us to bless her mom too, her mom
is a member but the woman was not. After 45 mins of waiting and EXTREME praying,
we went in to give him a blessing. And amazingly enough, Elder Spendlove and I
gave the whole ordinance in spanish! I annointed and he blessed, and i was
stunned at the fluency of our spanish. The Lord really blessed us at that
moment, so we could bless this man. Afterwards we went to the other woman and i
blessed her this time. I said a MEGA prayer, and then proceeded to bless her. My
mind was cleared and all the spanish seemed to flow out of me. I didnt speak it perfectly but the words i did know came
out in perfect tense. I was so grateful that i recieved such a strong guidance,
and was able to help this sister. I know that both of them will return to full
strenght shortly. After that we had lunch and no success tracting haha. We did
teach a small lesson, but nothing compared to the expérience in the hopsital.
Sunday was another great day to recharge and relax. I am no longer District
leader, so i dont have to go to all those meetings. Instead i nap, YAY!!! Elder
Wengren has been showing me some great sowing techniques. His dad does all that
stuff for his job, and taught elder wengren too. He is not as good as you mom so
dont worry :). Other than that it was a normal sunday.
Monday was a very long day of classes. Monday and friday are our longest days in
class. But i do love my classes, because of our great teachers and all the
knowledge that they have to expound unto us. Also we are reveiwing all of the
spanish principles again, so i should have them all mastered soon. And then go into the field and
realize that i know nothing haha. Oh the cruel irony. That night though we did
get to tell the new americans about our saturday proselyting. All the new elders
told us afterwards that they cant wait to get out there. I dont think they
realize that everyone only speaks spanish! So that will be funny when they
realize that. Cause our stories are all in english and when we say ¨and so and
so said this¨ it was actually in spanish. But i know that they will get help
from the Man who knows it all.
Im sorry this weeks letter is a little short, but it was because i didnt write
until last thursday! So this next week will be a long good one.
I love this work, and have gained a greater appreciation for the priesthood and
the power it holds. I have recommitted myself to strict obedience and being
worthy to hold such a marvelous power. I know that this church is the Lords
church, and no other one can say that. Christ called Joseph Smith to restore the gospel, and only he had the keys to it. I love you all, and love to
hear your letters. They are always a great help to me!
Your elder,
Spenser
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment