This week has been the hardest week for me to date. I did not enjoy the plane
ride that much and settling here was pretty hard. But some miraculous things
happened to change my perspective back to the people.
Classes have been hard since they only speak spanish, and some of the guys just
answer all the question instead of letting us try. We do have two guys that are
really good at spanish and translate what are teachers say for us. It helps but
i need to try harder to just try and figure it out. But i do love my teachers,
Hermana Narcisco and Hermana Silva, both little Peruvians that served there
missions here. Not to mention they speak 0 enlgish and what not. But the
classes are still fun cause its just a bunch of us whiteys lol. In the classes
we arent learning a lot about the gospel but mostly reviewing our first 3 weeks
but in spanish. I do enjoy the language use but would like to learn more about
the gospel. I am looking for the good in all the classes and trying to learn
something new in each of them. The time we spend in personal study though is only an hour! In provo
we had at least 4 hours a day, and now its cut down to nothing, so i am pretty
bumed about that.
The food here is very...............unusual. The food doesnt really have much
of a taste to it, but we eat it anyways. Not to mention we never ask about what
we are eating. I do believe that its horse though........
The MTC is the great though, its brand new and everything is super clean. The
showers are thousand times better and the soccer field is the nicest thing here.
The only set back is no bookstore so i have to get everything i need through the
presidents wife. It has only been a binder though, so i havent spent any money.
I am trying to save it for the American food that i am going to devour when i
get out of here, cause i NEED IT!!!! And the man purse im going to
buy..........and the llama, expect it in the mail.
Back to the hard times to the good times though. Today we went to the temple
and had a great session, the guy that was introducing me at the you know was super loud so i kept
bumping to make him quieter. He didnt appreciate it but it was alright. But the
miracle was in the the cel room. I prayed for about 20 mins and recieved all
the help i needed. I was extremely home sick the first week and was really
frustrated with the language, but the temple reversed that. I was filled with
the Spirit and knew that i could do this and become the missionary that the lord
needs me to be. And the support from you guys has been awesome, so THANK YOU!
I know i can do this; learn spanish, preach the gospel, and convert hundreds to
this great gospel. I know that i am where i need to be and i will immensly
blessed because of it. Not to mention i pray for those blessings for you
everynight. I love you all and cant wait to get out into the field.
With Great Love,
Spenser
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment