Monday, August 24, 2009

Hey!
This week has been quite the grind for us out here in Peru. We have only one person to teach, but she is set for her baptism and her marriage for this week, so unfortunately after she gets married and baptized we wont have anyone more to teach. We are kinda bumed for that. But i do have to report on a great experience that i had this week
I have been pretty down this week because its raining everyday, and there is lots of mud and we have no one to teach. So one day before i started to study i said a long prayer begging to read something that could help me. Afterwords i opened up to where i left of in my reading of the Doctrine and Convenants. I opened up to Section 122. I read the section and was filled with hope. I wont say what was inside, but i challenge you to read it and apply it. It holds a great secret to happiness inside and can help anyone in any hard situation.
From that moment forward, my attitude changed and i started to feel like there was hope in my area. Saturday we worked our butts off, as well as sunday. We finished the week strong and we are looking to make next week even better.
I still need your prayers to help me out because i still am dragging a little. Having to teach someone to be a missionary, but then not being able to give him anyone to teach is quite burdening for me. But i know that we will have someone soon.
Enjoy your week and go have some fun!

Elder Washburn

No comments: