Alright, I know that i am a little late this week with my email, but it is
because we didnt have time to go to internet yesterday.
AS for this past week, we have been walking till the soles come off our feet.
As we have been contacting and meeting with people, we have been walking a lot
more than previously. We are still not having a ton fo success right now, but
it will come along shortly. We have one baptism planned for this week, and then
another for the 21st of this month. They are both kids so its not that great
but it still counts. We are still very grateful to be able to baptize them. As
for our investigators, we really dont have too many. Many of the people that we
meet in the street, fall through with their visits or are just not interested.
It is a little depressing but not really. We are trying extra hard to get the
ward back into helping us, but it is a little difficult. Elder Huanambal and I
have our talks this sunday, so we will be trying to instill the vigor and life
back into this ward. Our pensionista is very helpful, because she is a return missionary, and
so is Hma Rosa, the sister that does our laundry and goes to all of our
appointments with us. They are always giving us new ideas and places to go.
Without them, we would be dead in the water haha.
I finally feel that i am not a dead beat in the lessons and that i have finally
arrived in the mission. Spanish is alright, but good enough that im not scared
in lessons to give my part. Life has improved dramatically and it only seems to
rise higher and higher. I really dont have any amazing experiences this week.
I have given a lot of blessings lately, and all of them have worked or come
true. Those that were sick, are now healed and those that needed comfort were
counseled. The priesthood power is most definitely alive and real. And it is
not because I healed these people, no it is far from that, but it was the faith
that these people had that they were able to be made whole. I was merely a
conduit of the priesthood that was nearbye. Any worthy man in the world can perfrom the miracles that christ
did, if only they would have the faith to know that the miracles would happen.
It all seems to boil down to that 5 letter word, Faith. So small, but it holds
the power to everything. I still have a long way before i can say that i have
faith, but it is reassuring to see some miracles because of my miniscule faith
haha.
I am still grateful for your support and your letters. I will probably recieve
them in the next week or two, so dont worry, they will get here. As for the
package i dont really need anything desperately, American candy and beef jerkey
is always a plus haha.
With my love
Spenser
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment